Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Marching Band Awaits

In the past couple days, besides being sick :P, I've been to 2 marching band sessions practicing music on the mellophone, marching forwards, backwards, left and right. Who knew its harder than it looks? Believe it that marching band is a sport.

So I'm super excited and marching band gears up for performances starting in August. MARCHING BAND CAMP!! We're official geeks; BE WARNED :DDDD (lol)

WHO DOESN'T LOVE BAND GEEKS?
Band geeks are awesome no lie. :)

Question of the Day! (night?)
If you were in high school or middle school or still are what instrument did you play/musical instrument or what extra curricular activity did you do?

For all those incredibly smart people who don't know what a mellophone is ;P It's a marching french horn (i also play the french horn in concert band) It really just looks like a trumpet on steroids:
YES!



6 comments:

  1. I have never played any instrument and I think that is for the best as I would kill you with my music or maybe you would kill me just to shut the nightmare off............yes I think I would be that bad..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I love that description about a trumpet on steroids! Hee Hee! That's sounds like just the sort of thing your mum would say, so I can see the sense of humour runs in the family. Sorry you've been sick, but Hopefully you're now feeling better. Hey, that marching band stuff sounds great, but I can imagine that it's quite hard to get the hang of. I didn't play an instrument at school, but I had piano lessons at home from the age of 9. Byeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Another band geek, just what I needed. giggle

    You sound wonderful honey and we are very excited for the next 4 years. I like you geek collage. I am assuming now it is your wallpaper?

    Momma loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no musical ability in me whatsoever except to sing along with songs. I love music but never learned how to play anything. I was in chorus in Jr. High but that's about it. My granddaughter who is 8 told me she signed up for violin (1st choice) or clarinet (2nd) for orchaestra next year. I'm so thrilled. Glad you enjoy doing this. I think it's great. Hugs, Auntie B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what a mellophone is! I love them they are awesome!

    I was in marching band too and I played the flute and piccolo. And yes it may seem hard now but soon marching and marking time will become second nature to you!

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. play bazaar It is not only the types of food you eat, but how much you eat that can cause acid reflux. It takes a longer time to digest larger meals, which can place added pressure on your stomach. This can be avoided by eating smaller meals, which are spread throughout the day.satta king

    ReplyDelete